CARBOCER © is a DLC (diamond like carbon) coating. it is a PECVD coating, low temperature and low pressure, carbon-based wear and scratch resistant, black color, micron range thickness.
Not all DLC coatings are the same. The same coating can be obtained with different recipes and process. The parts to be coated are a piece of the process, their position in the chamber, the holder design, are important to reach not just the best price but also the best quality. Other than this, to create an effective and efficient DLC coating we can work on percentage and kind of gasses, precursors, power, potential, pressure, we can modulate temperature, pression, deposition rate, surface inherent tension and internal stress and so on… A DLC coating is not the application of some simple chemical but the result of years of experience and expertise. Antec Finiture S.r.l. develop and applies plasma coatings and treatments since 1999, therefore we can offer you always the best solution at the best price.
CARBOCER © advantages
CARBOCER © is a PECVD coating. DLC is one of the most used wear resistant and scratch resistant coating on the market, CARBOCER is one very special kind of it, with its low temperature (below 150 °C, even less if needed) deposition, its very low thickness (from 1 to 5 micron and its effectiveness against corrosion too.
- Adjustable internal stress, flexible
- Extremely hard, up to 5000 Hv
- Very low friction coefficient
- Resistant to corrosion
- Does not change surface roughness
- Carbon black color
- Effective against corrosion and oxidation
- Biocompatible, FDA approved
CARBOCER © fields of application
CARBOCER © has a wide range of applications:
- Automotive. Forks, piston pins, gearbox gears etc… also interior design for its carbon black coloration.
- Medical, biocompatibility, hypoallergenic.
- Food and drugs, FDA approved, it facilitates machine cleaning and reduce downtime.
- Textile. It improves the performance of frames, combs, spools, and thread guides
- Sport and free time. “Carbon look”, for innovative designs and long-lasting quality
- Building and furniture. Easy cleaning, lengthens life, avoids the deposit of salts and limestone, taps, mixers, and shiny black design objects.
- Other sectors. Low friction, hardness, corrosion resistance, reduced wettability. Less downtime, less maintenance, lower costs
|Process gas:||Inert, silyl ethers, hydrogen, acetylene.|
|Max process temperature:||150 °C|
|Thickness:||1000 – 5000 nm|
|Hardness:||min: 2500 max: 5000 Hv|
|Friction coefficient:||0.02 (vacuum) 0.2 (humid air)|
|Surface tension:||< 35 mN/m|
|Thermal conductivity:||110 W/mk|
|Surface interference:||< 0,05 Ra|
|Thermal stability:||< 350 °C|
|Type of treatment:||DLC, diamond like carbon|
|Chemical resistance:||Can resist almost any acid and any base|